Foot Pain Identifier from our Kitchener & Owen Sound Chiropractors
When you have foot pain it can interfere with work and other daily activities. Another problem with foot pain is that there are different types of pain that are felt in different parts of the feet. This can make it hard to figure out what’s causing the foot pain and how to find effective treatment.
Foot Pain on Different Part of the Foot
In order to make it easier to identify foot pain, our chiropractor in Kitchener-Waterloo has broken foot pain down by first identifying the different parts of the foot including the toes, metatarsals, arch, and heel. Different conditions of the foot and certain types of pain are often diagnosed and treated by what part of the foot is affected.
- Hammer toe - there is an imbalance in the muscles that can cause the middle joint of the second, third, or fourth toe to bend abnormally.
- Mallet toe - similar to a hammer toe, the joint nearest the toenail is affected in the second, third, or fourth toe.
- Claw toe - also known as claw toes, it happens when the toes bend so that they look like claws.
- Bunions - the metatarsal phalangeal joint (big toe joint) gets misaligned and causes the big toe to rotate and point outward
- Morton's neuroma - the tissue of the nerve that supplies sensation to the areas between the toes thickens causing odd sensations or numbness
- Morton's toe - the second toe is longer than the big toe and receives an excessive amount of pressure when standing or walking
- Metatarsalgia - the ball of the foot gets inflamed due to overuse or injury
- Arch strain - an inflammation or a burning sensation on the arch of the foot
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD) - changes in the tendon that causes a flattening of the foot
- Tendonitis - the posterior tibial tendon of the leg gets inflamed and causes sharp pain in the arch
- Plantar fasciitis - the ligaments and tissues that support the arch of the foot gets inflamed
- Achilles tendonitis - a common sports injury that affects the tendon between the heel and calf muscle
- Heel pain - one of the most common causes of heel pain is plantar fasciitis
- Heel spurs - calcium deposits cause a bony protrusion underneath the heel bone
Contact our Kitchener and Owen Sound Chiropractors Today
If you are experiencing foot pain, our chiropractors in Kitchener and Owen Sound can help diagnose and treat your condition. We offer natural and drug-free chiropractic treatment for a variety of conditions. Contact our Advanced Pain Relief Clinic in Kitchener at 519-885-3500. You can also contact our Owen Sound location at 519-376-9355 or schedule your appointment online.
We offer all of our new patients a complimentary consultation.
The Foot Pain Identifier
- The Foot Pain Identifier
Hammer Toe, Mallet Toe, Claw Toe
Plantar Fasciitis, Arch Tear/Strain
Mortons Neuroma, Metatarsalgia
Heel Pain Syndrome
Sesamoiditis, Gout, Osteoarthritis
Tailor's Bunion (Buniionette)
Planar Fasciitis, Heel Spur